Text Entry Interaction
- Optional Extras when Creating a Task
- Optional Extras when Processing a Response
This creates a field (containing a sample text) in which a text may be entered from a favorite source (a Word document or website, for instance), or typed in.
To enter your text, click inside the text field.
Note: See the section on Interaction Authoring Tools for details on text editing options such as using italics or bold text in your item, and inserting features such as shared stimuli or media, tables or formulae.
2. Once you have entered the text, drag the Text Entry icon from the Inline Interactions library to the space next to where the test-taker will be expected to fill in the blank.
This creates a pop-up window containing the blank, which is to be filled by the test-taker. No changes can be made here: the window just confirms that you have created the blank. However, a correct answer will need to be selected and this is done in the Response mode.
Note: Remember to remove the actual words from the text that the Text Entry blanks are designed to replace.
3. Click Response in the pop-up window to define the correct answer(s).
This opens the response entry window, in which you can enter the correct answers. Remember that you will need to produce an answer that the test-taker will be expected to match exactly, character-for-character, including spaces.
Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all the desired Text Entry blanks have been inserted into the text.
4. Click the blue Done button. Your text entry interaction is now complete.
After this step, you can preview your interaction using the steps given in the Preview Instructions.